March 31, 2009

The Plaza Cafe

According to Jose (manager), there has been a restaurant at this site in Santa Fe since 1906.  This means that the site has been occupied by restaurants longer than New Mexico has been a state—that is quite an achievement.  Currently, the Plaza Café is occupying the site.  The Plaza Café has been owned and operated by the same family since 1947.

If you go to Santa Fe, I recommend you stop and enjoy the food and service at the Plaza Café.  Why?  The food is good, the service is friendly and the place is interesting to see.

What interested me most about the cafe was the old time drug store look and all the different colors of light.  I wanted the photo to be about those two things.

Enjoy.

Camera settings:  Nikon D3, 28-70mm f/2.8 at 28mm, shot at ISO 800, f/13 and 1/8th of a second.

Post Processing:

Lightroom:  Set white and black points, added mid-tone contrast, clarity and vibrance, added saturation to various colors.

3 comments:

  1. Another great shot Larry. I like the composition which give you a sense of the space here.

    But the real winner is the color. Fantastic.

    Well seen and shot.

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good shot. I am from Santa Fe and have sat right where you put your camera many times and looked down at the New Mexico map. You told me some things that I did not know about the Plaza Cafe. Thanks for that. I am with Brian, I like the colors. Too bad that the plate wall does not come through in your photo. I think it is an interesting feature of the cafe. Top notch work here, Larry.
    Leroy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not been to Plaza Cafe however after reading your write up, I want to go. The place looks like a place I want to eat a hamburger. Good job.
    Charles M

    ReplyDelete