March 26, 2009

Music from My Past


On my way to Cap Rock State Park, I entered Turkey, Texas.  And what greeted me, music from my past.  Growing-up, my grandfather and I would often listen to Hank Williams and Bob Wills.  My grandfather preferred Bob because “he and his music were not fighting so many demons.”

I had no idea that Turkey was the home of Bob Wills.  Not that you would know it as you entered the town—just kidding!  I thought that I needed two shots from Turkey so here they are.

The second image was from an old Philip’s 66 Gas Station in the middle of town.  Considering the time of the gas station, I thought that a sepia toning would be appropriate.

Enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. Both are really nice Patrick!

    I especially like the way you framed the gas pump shot with the Turkey water tower out of focus in the background! Nice choices on post-processing as well.

    Well done!
    Barry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Barry, my fav is the gas pump shot. Keep the shots and stories from your trip coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard to believe that a town's sign could make for an interesting photo, but this one does. The sign is different, the red soil stand out and the water tower all combine for an interesting pix. I would like to know how you decide to shoot. I find that a lot of your pix are things that I would not take pix of.
    Ted

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice images. It reminds me of my home town which is probably about the same size as Turkey.
    Sammy

    ReplyDelete