March 18, 2009

Behind Bars

Today’s photo is of Charlotte and was taken about 15 feet to the left of the photo of Britt that I posted on Monday.  I wanted this photo to be primarily about the light from the window and the textures of the prison walls.  I wanted Charlotte to be well lighted but I wanted her to be only part of the overall scene.

We tried lighting her with a strobe at various levels, but the strobe light kept breaking the beam of light.  I finally moved the strobe with a snoot outside the window and got what I wanted.

Enjoy.

Camera settings:  Nikon D3, 28-70mm f/2.8 at 70mm, shot at ISO 200, f/11 and 1/60 of a second on tripod.

Post Processing:

Lightroom:  Set white and black points, added mid-tone contrast, clarity and vibrance.

5 comments:

  1. I like the overall shot, but I wished that she was a little more in the shadows. I think that would make you want to study the image more.
    The Professor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not overly interesting. The lighting is good, but, why do you have her in the photo. I think it would be a better photo without anyone in it.
    CharlesM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a real happy pix. I do like how you got all the textures and the colors to come forward. Would you have taken this photo if you had not been attending a class?
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not understand all the fuss. This is an interesting photograph. I would not hang it in my living room, but, it is still interesting. I like that you try a lot of different things. Keep doing what you are doing.
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this shot Larry. Nice exposure.

    After seeing how the light comes in at one angle I can see how your previous shot with Britt may have actually been better with the same directional light.

    DHaass

    ReplyDelete