March 12, 2009

Houston Zoo #14

This lady was stalking me.  Everywhere I went, I would look-up and there she was.  I thought about calling the park police, but then again, you do not want to destroy a young girl's dreams.

OK, so I might be fantasying just a little.  OK, a whole bunch.

I had seen this young lady several times while walking around; and, although she is very pretty, what really struck me was how she always seemed to stand or sit in a very graceful way.  It was like someone was directing her during a photo session.

Enjoy.

Camera settings: Nikon D3, 70-200mm f/2.8 at 200mm, shot at ISO 400, f/5.6 and 1/250 of a second.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice. Her gracefulness comes through. I like the simple background and the rather dark, saturated colors. Good job.
    The Professor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry I like this image alot.

    Was there any planning in the image as far as where she sat or did you take this after she had sat down at a random location?

    The reason I ask is I like the subtle nuances of the light here. It looks like you could have put a lot of thought into her location.

    Nice shot either way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with Brian. This does not look like a grab shot. It makes you think that you have her posing for you. I know that you said that she always seemed to position herself in a pose, but, do not forget, you noticed that. Many photographers would only notice that she is a good looking lady. Nice shot, especially considering that you are essentially presenting a street photo.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Good composition, good colors and wonderful pose.
    Ted

    ReplyDelete
  5. 13 and 14 have been my favorites of the Zoo portrait series. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete