March 13, 2009

Houston Zoo #15

This is one of the attendants at the merry-go-round.  He greeted everyone with this big smile.  As I watched him do his job, I saw how everyone seemed to perk-up a little as they met him.

My trip to the Houston Zoo produced a lot of fun, some stupid mistakes, a little learning and 15 shots that I posted on my blog.  Overall, I must say “a very successful outing.”

Thanks again, Bob.  Too bad you have raised the bar on what I expect from you in the future.  But, that’s life.

Enjoy.

Camera settings: Nikon D3, 70-200mm f/2.8 at 200mm, shot at ISO 200, f/4.8 and 1/250 of a second.

5 comments:

  1. Seeing this smile would make my day a little brighter. I have enjoyed your Houston Zoo photos. It showed me what I can do taking photos in a normal place if I work a little. I do think that your best photos are of people. You seem to capture them at just the right moment. Thanks for the photos.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warm, inviting smile. Good capture.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo Patrick!

    The lens and aperature combination you used here really created great separation from the background and very pleasing bokeh.

    Well done!
    Barry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barry is right. You have great separation between the subject and background. That separation makes the subject come forward. Good work.
    Ted

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice, happy photo.
    Alice

    ReplyDelete