March 6, 2009

Houston Zoo #10


Two things struck me as I looked at this young girl—her expression and the lighting on her face.  I wanted to zero-in on her, and only her. I was somewhat conservative in my selection of f-stop since I do not shoot very often with this lens/telconverter combination, I was not sure what depth of field I would get.  Normally, I would have selected a f-stop that produced much shallower depth of field.

Enjoy.

Camera settings: Nikon D3, 300mm f/4 with 1.7x teleconverter attached (effective 500mm lens), shot at ISO 560, f/8 and 1/125 of a second on tripod.

5 comments:

  1. The expression is everything in this one. You got how a girl this age looks at most adults, most of the time. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with no name and Barry, you got the expression perfectly. I see this one from my daughter about 20 times a day.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a nice photo. You captured how I see my daughter looking at me. I like the sutle colors.
    Ted

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well exposed shot and great expression on her face Larry.

    You were not able to get as close with any of your lighting gear in this shot as you usually do. How did you control the light in this one?

    DHaass

    ReplyDelete