March 2, 2009

Houston Zoo #6

To get this shot, I had to put my tripod on a bench and shoot over the fence.  I underexposed the photograph by about 1 EV because I wanted the colors to be very saturated.  I then put some light on the tiger’s face with a curves adjustment in Photoshop.

This is one of those shots that you wished you had a better background for the tiger--I just do no think they normally live on this type of grass!

Enjoy.

Camera settings: Nikon D3, 300mm f/4 with 1.7x teleconverter attached (effective 500mm lens), shot at ISO 200, f/8 and 1/125 of a second on tripod.

3 comments:

  1. Nice shot but it seems to be lacking something, especially after your last posting.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot here. The colors look lovely.

    Damien

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason his eyes look a little funny. Like he was out partying a little too much last night and he is not quite here, yet. Nice rich colors and simple background.
    Ted

    ReplyDelete