January 6, 2009

Tin Man #1

I was playing with onOne PhotoFrame last night.  I was trying to create some unusual looks for portraits.  I was trying this and then trying that.  In short, I was trying to put a little different spin on portraits.

Tin Man is known for many things around Pearland, Texas.  Your task for the week is to guess what he is most known for.  Now, start thinking what does the cover of this book tell me about his story?  

Camera settings:  Nikon D3, 28-70 f/2.8 at 40mm, shot at ISO 400, f/2.8 and 1/250 of a second

Post Processing:  

Lightroom—set white and black point, and added mid-tone contrast, added clarity

Photoshop—converted to black & white using nik Silver Efex Pro high structure preset and then added texture and boarder with onOne PhotoFrame.

6 comments:

  1. Great shot and post-processing Patrick!

    As to what Tin Man is known for I'll have to guess: Metal Sculpture (with "tin").

    Cheers!
    Barry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure I like. The photo appears to be an interesting one, but with all the texture, I cannot see it very well. Can you post one of the photograph as you shot it?
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do not understand what you wanted to do this photo. Maybe you can help me a little. The effects are cool but I would like to see more of the photo.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the effect. He facial features are clear, his clothing is clear enough, and the background compostion and post processing add an ambience to the shot that help to tell his story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really cannot figure out from this image WHAT this guy does that is "near and dear" to my heart. I can see he has "security" embroidered on his vest, he is definitely a Harley guy, something about stopping some kind of abuse but his hair covers the rest. He is in front of a beer sign (I am not into beer, really. REALLY.) and his thumbnail is long...Unless he rescues stray dogs, I can't think of anything else. If he does, I need his number!

    I think I agree with Anne and Debbie that the texture is a little too heavy for me. Although it adds to the gritty feeling, maybe a different texture would work better, or less opacity. I think he is interesting without it.

    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have preferred this shot without any border effect. The photo is strong enough to stand on its own merit.

    DHaass

    ReplyDelete