January 5, 2009

Bubbles, Bubbles, Bubbles Everywhere

Yesterday, I cleaned our pond.  Guess who put a little too much bleach in the pond after the cleaning?   Actually, I knew it would lead to a great photograph.  And, if you believe that . . .

I wanted the photograph to be only bubbles and the waterfall, so alignment was one of the critical areas.  I also wanted the waterfall to have a motion blur, but could not use too slow of a shutter speed because the bubbles would move with a slight wind.   I rested my camera on some rocks and started shooting away.  

Camera settings:  Nikon D700, 70-200 f/2.8 at 200mm, shot at ISO 200, f/16 and 1/15 of a second

Post Processing:   Lightroom—set white and black point, and added mid-tone contrast, added clarity and vibrance

2 comments:

  1. I like the contrast. Hard lines of the bubbles vs the soft lines of the water. Different and bright colors of the bubbles vs the monotones of the water. Good eye and good capture.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you happen to shoot any with just the bubbles? I kind of like the myriad of colors and think they would make for an interesting photo by themselves.

    DHaass

    ReplyDelete