May 1, 2009

Dog Park and Miss. Chloe

West University Place has a wonderful dog park with an area for big dogs and one for small dogs.  My granddaughter, Chloe, loves to go to the dog park.  She loves dogs—all sizes and all shapes.  When the two of us go out for our day, we often end-up at the dog park.  She really likes to watch the big dogs chase sticks or whatever.  When a dog jumps into the pool, she laughs so hard, I often think she is going to split her clothes.

We watched this guy for probably an hour.  He truly loved his game of fetch—and he was quite good at it!

I wanted this photo to be all about him and his game of fetch.  By the way, according to Chloe ("Miss. Boss"), this is my best photo, even though she thinks that "he jumped higher" than my photo shows him jumping.   It is so nice having your own personal photo critic, especially a four-year-old one!

Enjoy.

Camera settings:  Nikon D700, 70-200mm f/2.8 at 120mm, shot at ISO 200, f/5.6 and 1/500th of a second.

Post Processing:

Lightroom—Set white and black points, added mid-tone contrast, clarity and vibrance.

7 comments:

  1. Good photo and better story. It is always nice when you get a photo that has a back story that you will remember and cherish.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice capture with the dog frozen in the air about to grab the frisbee. There seems to be some motion in the photo even though you shot at 1/500. I can't quite figure it out.

    It seems like the water where the washboard ledge is located has some movement.

    I do like the background stories you present. It gives your photos a more personal connection with your audience.

    DHaass

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who would not like a photography with a dog about to catch a frisbee? OK, maybe a cat-lover might not, but this is an "apple pie" shot.
    It looks to me like the blur that DHaass is talking about is motion blur from you panning the camera some. It adds to the dynamic nature of the shot.
    Good work.
    The Professor

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I love this shot! Chloe and I would get along very well...maybe she can dogsit for me when she gets a little older...or maybe next week as she sounds very capable. I love the dog's position in the frame and the fact you caught the frisbee is great --- just look at those curled front paws! Maggie used to be able to do that. I like the slight blur too, even more would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that Chloe, Cindi and I need to spend a little quality time together. She is my kind of girl. Good photo. Love the action.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Professor is most likely right abut the blur. I just wasn't sure with the shot taken at 1/500th.

    I didn't have any problem with it. I was trying to place how it happened. It does add to the feeling of motion even though the dog is frozen in mid-air.

    DHaass

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the motion blur from panning. Who couldn't love a dog in action? Great photo and good "catch"!!

    ReplyDelete