May 12, 2009

At the Ole Ball Park #2

If this photo does not bring a smile to your face, well, then I am just not sure about you.  Every time I see this boy, I smile.  He seems to have a real zest for life.  He truly enjoys himself.

All I wanted to do with this shot is make sure I captured his happiness and joy.  I wanted the background to be a nice bokeh that had movement but no real detail--I think the chained-link fence does a really good job of this.

I would have liked the chained-link fence to have extended past his head, but I did not have time to reposition myself--the moment was more important than a uniform background.

Enjoy.

Camera settings:  Nikon D700, 70-200mm f/2.8 at 200mm, shot at ISO 800, f/5.6 and 1/180th of a second.

Post Processing:  Lightroom—Set white and black points, added mid-tone contrast, clarity and vibrance.

5 comments:

  1. Nice capture of the moment. I don't know whats in the cup he's holding but it's obviously "all that" and more.

    Nice border and edge treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another good'n Patrick!

    Well done!
    Barry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice gesture in this photo. I think you might have got the boy at his best.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. The photo makes me smile. How can you not smile with the joy this guy is showing? Simple composition that makes you focus on him. Good photo.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good dynamic movement with his body position and the fence being on a diagonal. This adds real interest in the photo. Great expression.

    The Professor

    ReplyDelete