May 19, 2009

Friendswood Car Show #4

Nothing says “classic car” better than a 1957 Chevy BelAir, especially a red one with a white top.

I wanted this photo to be slightly abstracted, so I selected f/2.8 as my f-stop and focused my lens as close to the Chevy symbol as I could.  I wanted only the Chevy symbol to be in focus.  I would have liked to had my 50mm f/1.4 to use on this one, but it was home resting.

Enjoy.

Camera settings:  Nikon D700, 28-70mm f/2.8 at 70mm, shot at ISO 200, f/2.8 and 1/1,000th of a second.

Post Processing:

Lightroom—Set white and black points, added mid-tone contrast, vibrance and darken the red in selective color.

4 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to own one of these old Bel Airs. To me they are CLASSIC CAR! Like how you treated the subject.
    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it really red and green or am I missing something here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of colors and depth of field. I like the vintage tones and the very appropriate border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite so far of your car series. I guess it is a combination of the selective focus (love it), the diagonal lines, the color that do it for me. And the old edge treatment too. I wouldn't know a Bel Air from a Buick but I like this image.

    ReplyDelete