May 22, 2009

Kim

A few weeks ago, I was taking portrait photographs of Kim’s older sister at a local park.  While her sister was changing, I noticed Kim setting the edge of a fountain.  I really like her expression, the simple background and the color combination.  I took 4 or 5 shots.  This one is by far my favorite.

Enjoy.

Camera settings:  Nikon D3, 70-200mm f/2.8 at 200mm, shot at ISO 200, f/2.8 and 1/750th of a second.

Post Processing:

Lightroom—Set white and black points, added mid-tone contrast, increased saturation of magenta and cyan.

6 comments:

  1. Nice shot Larry. Great colors and background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just do a great job photographing children. Kim's look seems so natural and, well, just plain her. I also like how everything seems to blend together and points you to her face. Fine job.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like everything about this except for her expression...I guess I wish her mouth and eyebrows were different. Your post processing does not say anything about her skin texture yet it looks so smooth, did you do anything at all to it? It may just be she is so young but I can see no detail like in her hair and jacket. The colors are so wonderful in this image, almost painterly. The shallow depth of field works so well too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice photo of my Kim. This is her look. Good job
    Akia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strong environmental portrait. Not sure what Cindi is seeing. I see a lot of detail in her hair and her jacket. I do not see any details near her ear, but that is more due to lack of light than anything else. The colors go wonderfully together.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shot Patrick!

    I especially love the focus fall-off from right to left eye!

    Well done!
    Barry

    ReplyDelete