May 13, 2009

At the Ole Ball Park #3

OK, be honest.  Can you see this young man staring in his own, personal version of “Animal House”?  Remember you saw the next John Belushi on this website first!

He was totally involved with his nachos--nothing else mattered.  After all, does it get any better than nachos, your buds and the ballpark?

I wanted this photo to be all about his jesters—the open left hand, the right hand to the face and of course the cheese around the mouth.  At first, I did not like the hot dog in the background and even thought about removing it, but then I decided that it added to the whole “Animal House” appearance.

Enjoy.

Camera settings:  Nikon D700, 70-200mm f/2.8 at 120mm, shot at ISO 800, f/3.3 and 1/250th of a second.

Post Processing:

Lightroom—Set white and black points, added mid-tone contrast, clarity and vibrance.

6 comments:

  1. The hot dog in the background completes the scene. It puts that final touch on it. I think you captured his expression very well. He is concerned with little besides his chips and cheese. He is a guy.
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed the f/3.3 in your write up. I do not think my camera has this setting. Why did you select it rather than f/2.8 which is what you used for pix earlier in the week?
    I think you have a good eye for getting kids at just the right moment. I like how he seems totally engrossed in his nachos. I see this with my nephews. Good pix.
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Patrick!

    I can't tell the thing in the background is a hotdog even after you have told me so. Since I can't tell what it is it doesn't realy add anything for me. I would have been tempted to just flip the photo on a different layer and try using the left hand side of the background on the right hand side. It's a minor point though because the photo is really terrific as is! I hope you were able to get some email addresses so you could send these kids parents these terrific shots!

    Cheers!
    Barry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Barry. I could not determine that it was a hot dog in the background. I do like his expression. Good color combinations.
    Sid

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the gesture. Like the color. Good pix.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice edge. Looks like a Kubota sloppy edge ... or is it from the new OnOne collection?

    ReplyDelete