July 7, 2009

Friendswood 4th of July Parade #2




The first thing that every great parade must have is precision marching bands decked out in their finest uniforms, and our little parade has that it spades. OK. Maybe they do not have fine uniforms and maybe their precision is a little off, but, the music is good and they are having a great time.

I wanted these shots to be a little different "take" on a marching band. I tried to use some unusual perspectives and views to give you another look at what you have seen many times.

Enjoy.


5 comments:

  1. First and third are my favorites because of reflections in the first and the third reminds me of the minutemen! Good capture on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shots Patrick!

    The reflections inside the bell of the tuba on the top shot are fantastic! I don't know if there is a way to crop into just the reflections for an abstract version or not but they are definitely the best part of the photo.

    The other two are nice shots as well but number one is my fav because of the reflections.

    Cheers!
    Barry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Shirley, my favorite shot is the first one with the great reflection of the band and the clouds in the horn. Maybe you could have shot from a slightly different angle and made a really interesting portrait of this musician, but I see that you have cropped in on the sides considerably so there must have been other band members too close to go more wide angle. Surprisingly your parade participants don't seem to be ready to succumb to heat exhaustion...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A totally different perspective for band photos. I think my favorite is the third one. I like how one set of hands is very sharp and the others out of focus and yet everyone seems to be in line with each other. Then you see the fans in the background, all decked out in the umbrellas. Nice shots.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Different and interesting. Have never thought about shooting something from this type of angle. Will try it. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Ted

    ReplyDelete