July 30, 2009

Along Monterey Bay

I believe that most photographers who have visited the Monterey Bay have took lots of grand seascape photo of the coast line. I have done many of these photos and took a lot more of them during this visit.

But, for some reason, I never seem to get the image that I want. I do not know whether it is a case of trying to capture too much into a single frame or whether my mind builds an image that surpasses what my photographic abilities can capture.

Here I tried a little different approach. I tried to zero-in on part of the coast line and then used the ocean as a background to my main subject. In this photo, I liked the contrast: the pattern of the flowers versus the nonuniform aspect of the background; and the warm colors of the flowers versus the cool colors of the sea.

Enjoy.

Camera settings: Nikon D3, Nikon 28-70mm f/2.8 at 36mm with a polarizing filter attached, shot at ISO 200, f/13, 1/30th of a second on a tripod.

Post Processing:

Lightroom—Set white and black points, added mid-tone contrast, clarity.

3 comments:

  1. Way cool!

    Great dynamic composition! Beautiful colors!

    Excellent!
    Barry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally different approach to seascape shot. I like it, a lot. The difference in the textures and color tones come out to provide some great contrast within the image. Nicely done.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really good photo.

    ReplyDelete