June 5, 2009

Brazos Bend State Park #9--REVISED!

This morning, I was working on some portraits that I took yesterday, and for some reason, I decided to look at my blog.  Now, as I have stated before, I normally do not read the comments that have been posed on my photographs until the weekend--I feel this is a substitute for a leisure read of the Sunday paper.  I know that this infuriates some of the people who comment on my work, but that's just the way I do things.   Sorry.

Well, both Wayne and DHaass had the same comment on today's photo of a dragonfly, i.e., the curved branch below the dragonfly was very distracting and took your attention off the main subject.    I respect both of their opinions, even if I do not always agree with them (for everyone's information, I only agree with one person's opinion a 100% of the time--Janice D. Patrick's!)

As all of you know, I like things simple.  So, I studied the photograph for a while and decided that they were absolutely right.   I know present my new and improved version of the dragonfly for only an additional . . .

Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. For me, the dragonfly presented with the edges was "the one"! That really grabbed my attention. This is just too centered for me. It's a great photo, but doesn't excite me as the previous mentioned photograph does! IMHO...sp

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you really improved on the original Larry. Your eye immediately goes to the subject of the photograph and stays there.

    I don't take issue with the centered shot. I just don't think it applies to closeup photography as much as it does to other types of photography. If you are trying to highlight a feature of a subject, getting in tight is the way to do it. You cannot always hang it in a third.

    I'm glad you were willing to listen to the "expert" opinions and judge for yourself what to do with them.

    Great job.

    DHaass

    ReplyDelete