October 7, 2009

All about the Colors

I had just finished a portrait session at the park near Clear Lake when I wondered over and watched some rowing teams work-out. I really like the color and the motion. I tried various shots with slow shutter speeds to create a blurred abstract of the scene, but did not produce anything that I really liked.

I used an unusual crop in the photo to emphasize the forms and the colors in the scene.

Enjoy.

Camera settings: Nikon D3, Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 at 150mm. shot at ISO 200, f/8 and 1/180th

Post Processing:

Lightroom—Set white and black points, added mid-tone contrast, added clarity and increased saturation of cyan and blue.

5 comments:

  1. I like the colors in the shot but would like to see it pushed even more to the abstract. I would have to try but for some reason I'm thinking a way-to-heavy application of high-pass might do the job. Also, brace yourself, how about presenting it in a portrait orientation rotated 90 degrees clockwise. No charge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color combination and the ripples in the water as well as the lines of the oars...but I miss seeing their heads! I am thinking that by your attempts at blurring you were trying to get rid of distractions in the background so then tried this crop...or maybe not, you do not say you were panning,just trying to break some rules.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The missing heads do not bother me, but I do agree with Larry and Cindi, a little blurring would probably make it a better image. Like the colors.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This could have been an interesting photo, but you just did not get there with it.
    Charles M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure I get this one. I wish it was either more abstract or more real. Just cropping it did not do what I think you wanted. Try again.
    Mel

    ReplyDelete