February 4, 2009

Seeing Your Final Image #3

Tom pointed out that many of the old photographs in my family albums had scratches, faded-out areas and a “cool” edge. I agreed. So, back to Photoshop and onOne PhotoFrame 4.0. PhotoFrame is a Photoshop plug-in that has more than frames; it has adornments, backgrounds, edge effects, layouts and texture overlays. It is a relatively easy plug-in to learn and onOne has some very good video tutorials that come with the program. You can download a trial version to see if you like it.

After looking through a lot of different presets, we finally settled on:

  • Vincent_Versace_old_photocorners to provided photo corners and that “cool” edge that Tom liked.
  • Dave_Cross_08 texture to give us that faded out areas.
  • Texture_scratches_film to give us that worn look.

I could tell that Tom liked what he saw, but then I heard, “you know what we should do . . .”

What does Tom think he and Larry should do? What would you do next?

4 comments:

  1. I would do nothing. I think you guys have got it. It now looks like everything belongs together. I like the look of an old photo. Could you improve all your photos by doing something like this? OK, you proved me wrong. Tom did make your photo much better. You owe him.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the edge treatment. You have won me over. It is better. Should I see what you could do with a few of mine.
    Teed

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done a nice job making this look like the period. Good job.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete