December 10, 2008

Edgy Photo Update

After reading Barry’s and Steve’s comments, I decided that they had some very good points, so I went to the drawing board and re-worked the image in Lightroom.   I started with the image I original posted and cropped it.   I wanted the crop to be just below and just to the right of the window.   I then boasted the saturation of red, orange, blue and cyan.   Finally, I increased the warmth of the highlight areas and cooled the shadow areas using split toning.   Although I have seen some very interesting effects using the split toning area of Lightroom, I have never used this section of Lightroom.   I think the overall effects make for a stronger image.  

Thanks Barry and Steve.

3 comments:

  1. You are right. This is a much stronger image. I wish there was a little more contrast in the colors.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better photo. You owe Steve and Barry. My eyes are much more focused on the points of interest in this one.
    The Professor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Patrick! Your adjustments improved the overall contrast and you made a very nice photo even nicer!

    Cheers!
    Barry

    ReplyDelete