May 28, 2010

Imagine That, A Car at Car Parade Showing



This may sound silly, but getting a reasonably good photo of a car at the park was the most difficult task.  Lots of people meant little room to take the photos plus very crowded blackouts.  Both, made the photography more difficult than I expected before I went.
In this shot, I did not have to complete with all the people, since the owner did not let anyone set inside his car.  I consider the autos in the Art Car Parade to be more akin to cartoons than real automobiles, hence, my treatment of the photo.  I wanted the photo to remind the viewer of something that they might see in their favorite super hero cartoon.
Enjoy.
Camera settings:  Nikon D3, Nikon 50mm f/1.4 shot at  ISO 360, f/11 and 1/60th of a second.
Post Processing:  
Lightroom—Set black and white points, added clarity and increased contrast, and adjusted saturation of various colors.
Photoshop—Used Topaz Adjust to bring out details in the car’s interior (masked-off background portions of photo) and high-pass filter method to sharpen the automobiles interior.

7 comments:

  1. Pretty wild and crazy look. You made it into the cartoon that you wanted.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't like it.
    Charles M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a car nut, I love the car. I am not sure about your over the top photoshop treatment.
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Starbucks is everywhere. I wished you had removed the plastic container. It just does not go with the car.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  5. My two favorite parts of this photo: the purple reflection in the mirror and the green straw in the cup --- to each his own, huh? Great photo! Love the treatment - it really fits the subject. One thing I might consider would be to remove the person's legs in the upper right and possibly the figurine up there too. Slightly distracting for me. Maybe a texture or something -- since you are becoming a texture master.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Steve S, I like the cup. It makes it look more like someone just rolled up in the car. The details make this shot.
    Ted

    ReplyDelete
  7. IMO your post-processing makes the image much much more interesting and fun to look at than any possible shot you could have presented straight out of the camera!

    Well done!
    Barry

    ReplyDelete