March 5, 2010

Just Two Guys Cooking

I would have loved to hear the conversation between these two guys before they arrived. I think it went something like this:

Bubba #1: I think we should go over to the Houston Rodeo Bar-B-Que cook-off and show everyone our stuff. Sound good?

Bubba #2: Yep.

Bubba #1: I got these really cool Texas aprons. I think it would be great to wear them while we fixed our special BBQ chicken. Sound good?

Bubba #2: Yep.

Bubba #1: I also got these chicken hats that we could wear.

Bubba #2: Chicken hats?

Bubba #1: Yep.

I do not want to make fun of these two guys because they were having a fine time, but more importantly they were making everyone around them have just as much fun. Between their hats and their “all guy” smack, they brought many a smile to everyone's face. Good job Bubba #1 and Bubba #2!

Enjoy.

Camera settings: Nikon D3, Nikon 28-70mm f/2.8 at 60mm shot at ISO 200, f/13 and 1/60th of a second.

Post Processing:

Lightroom—Set black and white points.

Photoshop—used nik Color Efex Pro tonal contrast filter to add a little contrast to everything in the photo except their faces.

7 comments:

  1. I don't think everything we shoot or post needs to be a "masterpiece" or processed photo. Blogs are made to allow individuals to talk about most anything and to present their own views of the world without getting beat up about them.

    There are times when an individual wants to just shoot something interesting to them, for the fun of it. This is a fun shot and definitely evokes a little chuckle after reading the lead-in to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the photo and I like the story.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Doug. Not everything needs to be art. A little fun needs to be mixed in. The photo is amusing. The story is entertaining. Together they paint a picture in your mind that transcends what one would think is possible from such a simple image.
    The Professor

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Professor nailed it. Good work.
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun photo. Not one that I would study, but still has some interest.
    Mel

    ReplyDelete