February 21, 2012

Why Did I Do That?


Again, working through photos from 2011, I ran across this one.  I cannot remember a lot about the shot except that I tried various apertures to get the background blur that I wanted.  I also remember moving around so that I could get the out-focus flower in the background.
Looking at the photo now, I cannot help but wonder does it look better with the flower in the background or without it?
Which one do you like best?
Enjoy.
Camera settings:  Nikon D3, ISO 200, Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8, f/4 and 1/500th of a second.
Post Processing:
Lightroom 3:  Set black and white points, added contrast with a mild curve.
Photoshop CS5:  Removed flower in background in the second image.

4 comments:

  1. I go back and forth. I like this one. No, I like this one. I think both have merit.
    Chu

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there were multiple blurred flowers in the background I would be okay with it, but to me it's a distraction back there. I like the simple one flower option.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find your concept of looking back on last year's photo to be most interesting. I have never done this but plan to start today. As to this photo, I like the simple one. You know what the subject is and your eye rest there. Further, to quote a famous photographer Larry Patrick, "red and yellow are hard colors to control within the frame." So, I think the second red color is a distraction from the main event.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete