February 14, 2012

Sharpness


I have been looking over many of my photos of the past year just to try and get some perspective of where I am and possibly where I am going.  While doing this, I was amazed at how much detail that my camera can reveal, especially when using lenses at f/8 through f/13.
Here is a crop of Laura’s eye.  Could you get much sharper and reveal any more detail?
Enjoy 
Camera settings:  Nikon D3, ISO 200, Nikon 85mm f/1.4, f/9.5 and 1/250th of a second with Elinchrom Quadra with beauty dish attached
Post Processing:
Lightroom 3:  Set black and white points, added contrast with a mild curve.

4 comments:

  1. With that kind of sharpness, why would you do anything in Photoshop? To me the results are fabulous.
    Rudy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her right eye appears to be a little sharper than the left eye. I take it that you focused on the right eye and the left eye is a little out of focus. Is this a 100% crop?
    Allen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree the sharpness and the details is there, but the image looks a little flat to me.
    Ted

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of details but not much else.
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete