August 14, 2011

What I Did on My Vacation #2

It seems that I have forgotten how to post my blog.  I prepared my blog as normal and I thought that I set it to post on Friday morning, but alas, when I looked today, no blog posting.  It seems that I had merely saved the posting as a draft.  So, here is Friday’s post on Sunday.
Our vacation consisted of visits to Quito and Otavalo, Ecuador (3 days), Galapagos Islands (9 days on the Mary Anne, a 216-foot, 3-masked barquentine sailing ship), Cusco (3 days), Urubamba Valley, the sacred valley of the Incas (1 day) and Machu Picchu (3 days).  Our transportation consisted of seven airplanes, one sailing vessel, eighteen Zodiac rides, five buses, two ferry-boats, six automobiles and lots of walking.  In short, it was not a “laying around the pool, sipping wine and eating cheese” vacation.
JD and I went to Galapagos Islands in 1992 and both of us, consider that trip to be one of our best vacations.   
The Galapagos is a very special place. Why?  Because humans expect animals to fear them and that is not the case in the Galapagos Islands.   
There is something very special about sitting somewhere and having a baby sea lion crawl over to you (first photo) and then start to play with your boot (second photo).  The little guy played with my boot for about five minutes and then wondered off to investigate a lizard laying on a rock.
Hopefully, the photos that I present over the next few weeks will give you a sampling of what JD and I experienced.  Today’s photos are more about my experience than trying to present excellent photographs or “works of art.”

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing the vacation photos of a location I would like to visit some day. So, are you now taking a vacation to rest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sad eyes versus the semi aggressiveness. Good story line.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete