January 18, 2011

Street Photography No. 3

This is rare.  I have a photo that I would have normally disregarded on my first pass of reviewing what I shot  I think this demonstrates, vividly, why you need to move when doing street photography.  

This is one of the first photos that I took in the series.  The background is cluttered and does not help support or set-off the subject.  It gets in the way of what I want to convey and what I thought was important in the scene.  Definitely not a very good photograph!


Think about how much Photoshop work it would take to make this photo be on par with the original photo I posted of the Mad Hatter.  I have neither the time nor the patience to do it.  I prefer moving the five steps it took to get the original one.

Enjoy, if you can.

3 comments:

  1. Your photos does demonstrate how distracting a background can be. I looked at this one for a while and then looked at the one you first posted. A big difference.
    Ted

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big difference.
    Debie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The different backgrounds do make a difference. Still, I am not sure that I know how to do it on a regular basis.
    Tyler

    ReplyDelete