December 13, 2013

Painted Church of Texas

 



Again, forgot to get the name of the church. 
Here, I liked the contrast in colors and the quaintness of this small chapel.  The frosted windows did not help the overall scene and although I took another exposure with the windows less bright, a combination of the two exposures did not really enhance the overall image. 
I applied a “HDR” preset in Lightroom and then adjusted it slightly. 
Enjoy. 
Camera settings:  Nikon D800 on a tripod, 17-35mm f/2.8 lens at 30mm, ISO 100, f/22 at 3 second. 
Post Processing: 
Lightroom 5—applied Nikon vivid preset, set white and black points, added a loft of vibrance and clarity, adjusted saturation of various colors.

2 comments:

  1. This is Saints Cyril and Methodius Church in Dubina, Texas. I remember all the churches were open to the public except this one. The door was unlocked but it had a gate preventing entry. Sooo, I layed down on the floor and wedged my camera through the gate. It was just down right beautiful inside as your picture shows.

    ReplyDelete