March 20, 2012

Emili and Jordon Shoot #1


Sunday, I had the privilege of shooting Emili and Jordon.  Both ladies are quite photogenic, but are quite different in their appearance.  Emili is a high-school senior with light completion and hair and blue-green eyes.  Jordon, on the other hand, is a young adult with dark eyes and completion.  For the most part, I photographed the two in same places, however, I did change how I approached the shots differently for each of them.
The first photo is just one that shows where the second photo was taken.   
The photo of Jordon was taken inside the statue using the gold inside as a background.  Because of Jordon’s coloring, I wanted the photo to have rich colors so I intentionally under-exposed the shot by about ½ f-stop.  The flash was positioned to the right at eye level and was about three feet from Jordon.  Overall, I like the soft, even lighting on Jordon and I think the backgrounds brings out her coloring.
On Friday, I will present a shot of Emili in the same location.
Enjoy.
Camera settings:  Nikon D3, Nikon 85mm f/1.4 at ISO 200, f/5.6 and with shutter speeds 1/90th of second with a Elinchrom Ranger Quadra flash with a 17” beauty dish attached.
Post Processing:  

Lightroom 4—set white and black points, added clarity and vibrance, used adjustment brush to add details to eyes and hair and soften the skin and added vignette.

6 comments:

  1. I would never have thought to use the inside of this statue as my background. Great photo.
    Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the colors and the soft background. Looking at your first photo I am surprised that it was used to get this. Good thinking.
    Ted

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the portrait a lot. Would like you to comment about what you think about LR4.
    Sidney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your use of background was brilliant. I like how the colors in the background make her glow. Her smile seems relaxed and real. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete