October 7, 2011

Jay Maisel Workshop #1

Meet Jay Maisel.  
Last week, as part of his workshop in New York City, I spent 8:30 AM to 10:00 PM from Monday through Friday with Jay.  The workshop in a word was mind-boggling!
Every day I was completely challenged by Jay’s instructions, words, works and of course, that special Jay-look that said:  “Have you lost your #@!*& mind?”  Jay’s instruction seems so simple when he explains them and then demonstrates them through his own work.  But then, you hit the streets of New York City and you feel like someone who has lost his “#@!*& mind.”
Did I learn anything?   Probably more than I will ever know. 
Did I enjoy myself?  Unquestionably.
Will I be a better photographer?  Time will tell.
Today’s photo of Jay was taken in his studio giving one of my fellow students one of his special looks.
Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed seeing Jay's work for many years. Never saw a portrait of the man. Interested in hearing about the class.
    Sid

    ReplyDelete