July 16, 2010

New Zealand Sunset


Last Honor’s Night at Bay Area Photo Club, Bob Dempsey presented a photo from his trip to New Zealand.  The photo was a panorama of a fantastic sunrise.  It was a truly stunning photo.  My hats off to Bob for such a fine photo.
My sunset photo from New Zealand is nothing compared to Bob’s but I still like it.
Enjoy.
Camera settings:  Nikon D200, Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8 shot at ISO 200, f/11 and 1/60th of a second with graduated neutral density filter attached to darken sky.
Post Processing:  
Lightroom—Set black and white points and saturated colors in sky.

9 comments:

  1. Excellent shot Larry. Looks like New Zealand is the place to go for beautiful sunsets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple but beautiful. Makes me want to travel.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors and you picked a great location to enable you to get the bit of reflection from the water in the little inlet in the middle ground of the photo!

    Well done!
    Barry

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, not bad.
    Charles M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colors. I like that I can see some details in the foreground. It makes the whole scene more complete,
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice sunset however I wish the foreground was a little better exposed. I think there is details there that I might find interesting.
    Sya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice. The colors are realistic however still spectacular.
    Ted

    ReplyDelete
  8. I look at your photo and I keep asking myself what is the subject? Yes the sunset is pretty but I find myself searching for more.
    Sidney

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these colors. Great shot. And the beauty of shooting sunsets is that you get to have a glass of wine while your getting ready for the shot and I had to haul my aching bones out of the bed before dawn while on vacation.

    Bob Dempsey

    ReplyDelete