May 21, 2013

Amy Blake’s Academy of Dance Recital—No 3

 



A couple comments about my blog:  I have been hacked.  The last two posting have had lots of comments from a travel site.  I do not know how this happened but it did and to date I have not learned how it can be stopped. 
Next, I was asked if I used any noise reduction for the photo that was taken at ISO 6400.  No.  I did no noise reduction for the posting that I used.  If I were to print that photo, I would probably do a little noise reduction in Lightroom 4. 
Today’s photo to me is about lighting.  I like the way that the stage lighting was selectively on parts of the dancers.  To me, it did a great job showing of the power of the dancer. 
Enjoy 
Camera settings:  Nikon D4, 70-200mm f/2.8 at 125mm, ISO 6400, f/4.8 at 1/125th of a second on a tripod. 
Post Processing: 
Lightroom 4—applied Nikon Vivid preset during import, set white and black points and added clarity, sharpness and vibrance and cropped image.

11 comments:

  1. Dramatic lighting.
    Ted

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the mood, lighting and reflections on the floor. I like how you fill the frame and direct the eyes through the photo. My eyes go to the dancer in the front first, then back into the photo to the second dancer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful capture, love the lighting. Matrix metering?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a dancer, I think you captured a static movement with a great deal of drama. Love the photo.
    Alyia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the dramatic look.
    Bettie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lighting and dancer's stance go together.
    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like what you have done with the dancers.
    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grеаt sitе уou've got here.. It's hard tо find excеllеnt writing like yours nowadays.
    Ι honestly appгeciatе іnԁіѵiԁualѕ lіκe
    you! Take care!!

    Reviеw my wеb pаge :: relevant website

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just couldn't go away your site before suggesting that I extremely loved the standard info a person provide for your visitors? Is going to be again steadily to check up on new posts

    Here is my web page: http://www.hotel-discount.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. replica chanel bags ebay replica hermes v2o37a4a51 9a replica bags 7a replica bags wholesale replica gucci bag r7h53l6q65 replica radley bags visit this web-site e2p91t4q76 replica louis vuitton replica goyard bags

    ReplyDelete