February 18, 2011

Model Shoot #5A


Anne’s comment about a sepia tone got me thinking—maybe, just maybe.  So, I deleted the photo that I intended to show today and substituted this sepia toned image of the last posting.
The conversion to sepia was made using nik Silver Efex Pro.  I used a strong curves adjustment, burned the edges of both the left and bottom of the photo and used a yellow filter to even the tones.
No matter how many years I do this, I will never stop being amazed at how black and white seems to simplify and increase the emotional impact of a photo.
Enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. The photo is much more elegant in sepia and it does have a more classical feel to it. Still I would not say it looks like a Victorian era image. Like it much better this way.
    Bettie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed the bw is less complicated and more dramatic. I do like it better but I am not crazy about the pose.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too dark for me. Would like to see a version that had the same luminosity as the color one.
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. The image has an elegant appearance.
    Ted

    ReplyDelete